Thu, Jun 6 - 5:15pm - 8:00pm
How to Initiate a Successful People Analytics Project
A People Analytics Project analyzes the effectiveness of HR, such as how employees are performing, the demographics of the workforce, promotion rates, turnover, etc. Understanding how well HR programs work enables an organization to achieve its goals.
What separates successful People Analytics Projects from unsuccessful ones? Although there has been a dramatic increase in the use of People Analytics Programs, most organizations are struggling with their implementation. How can HR implement a successful program in this critical area?
During this interactive workshop, we’ll explore a five-step approach HR professionals can use to avoid failures in using People Analytics Programs. Discussion about common problems in these types of projects will include:
- Lack of leadership investment
- Difficulty getting data from business units
- An unclear problem to solve
- Poorly designed intervention
- The essential requirements of a People Analytics Project
- The techniques to make a People Analytics Project successful
- How to recognize red flags that might lead to the failure of a People Analytics Project
About the Speaker: Sy Islam has more than 10 years of experience in a variety of corporate, academic, and applied settings. He is a co-founder and principal consultant with Talent Metrics, and an assistant professor of Industrial Organizational Psychology at Farmingdale State College. In his role at Talent Metrics, he collaborates with organizations on People Analytics Projects and training. He currently serves as the co-chairman of the People Science SIG of ATD NYC.